The Away Message
I am going to attempt to actually capitalize and punctuate appropriately now as I was somewhat annoyed by myself when I actually went back and read what I had posted. This is completely opposite of what I said in the last post, but alas.
I have this habit of checking away messages. As soon as I sign on, which is usually to sit down and eat my sub for lunch, I will read most that are up-usually the core of people and not those who I never talk to. To save time even I will just right click and hit "O" for each one so it opens without me having to move my mouse. I guess it's my thirst for social knowledge again. At another point in the evening I'll do the same thing. Ok, so I do it probably more times than that even, but those times are with fewer people. I suppose though that this is pretty normal and everyone does this, or so I hope.
I even check my own away message, yes repeatedly even, just to see what it looks like. I really don't care if that's weird or not. I'm liking more and more the Psychology minor thing. Maybe someday I'll write a book on the psychology of the away message. If there were such a book, I would probably read it. I'll look for one.
I have this habit of checking away messages. As soon as I sign on, which is usually to sit down and eat my sub for lunch, I will read most that are up-usually the core of people and not those who I never talk to. To save time even I will just right click and hit "O" for each one so it opens without me having to move my mouse. I guess it's my thirst for social knowledge again. At another point in the evening I'll do the same thing. Ok, so I do it probably more times than that even, but those times are with fewer people. I suppose though that this is pretty normal and everyone does this, or so I hope.
I even check my own away message, yes repeatedly even, just to see what it looks like. I really don't care if that's weird or not. I'm liking more and more the Psychology minor thing. Maybe someday I'll write a book on the psychology of the away message. If there were such a book, I would probably read it. I'll look for one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home