Friday, July 08, 2005

Local on the 8s

Dennis. THE news story ...oh yeah, and London (is it me or has America already forgotten that that happened??). I am now living in hurricane territory. My local forecast is now has the word "hurricane" in it without referencing something happening 1000 miles away.

Basically though it's drama. Newscasters are selling newscasts (and it's works...note how easy it is to just watch the weather channel pretending that something major is going to change in the next 10 minute segment where they repeat what they said in the last 10 minutes as they go to 'team coverage' of people standing outside in the rain and wind telling you that it's raining and windy.

Anyway, the 'cone of uncertainty' as the locals call it is well away from us with Dennis. Therefore I am far from major impact, but we're under a tornado watch for the next 12 hours and getting wind gusts up to 40 mph along with some storms tomorrow from outer edges of it.

Any more information than that and I'd be feeding the drama more...ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home