Thursday, November 20, 2003

Maps

I am an atlas freak. This whole road trip thing has got me on a high. Dave called me to update...before they left I told them that they would probably be eating lunch in Oklahoma City...I underestimated...they're actually eating lunch with an hour or so to go before leaving Texas, which is sweet since it means they're hauling. Aaahhh, so much fun!

Anyway, back to maps. Whenever we would go on a trip as a child I would follow along on the atlas. I would even study other states. When we were driving through Kentucky I would be studying the roads in Utah. Whenever chorale goes out I HAVE to take my atlas along. It always help too since there have been at least three times where I've told the bus driver we're going the wrong way or that another way is probably better. The chorale has even nicknamed me Rand McNally.

I just have a fascination with it.... the interstate system especially. Without looking at a map I know that I70, I76, and I25 go through Denver. Before the prayer last night I was talking about this with Luke and he asked me about Atlanta...I did some processing and said/guessed I75 and I20 ....then looked on a map and saw I was correct (but forgot I85). Yes, I know I am strange.

The whole, "if were stranded on an island and could take one thing, what would it be question" ...... yeah, I'd take my atlas. Even though I couldn't go anywhere on the island, I would need my atlas so I could know that there are 455 miles across Nebraska on I80, but if you wanted to get of at I76 and head to Colorado you'd get off at exit 102.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home