Saturday, November 29, 2003

Christmas tree weather

I love Michigan. Today it (in order) drizzled, rained, poured, snowed huge flakes, thundered, rained, pelted down ice-snow, and snow-rained. I just drove home and was pleased to be able to play around with my anit-lock brakes a little bit. Driving gets so boring without snow to mix things up.

Unfortunately though, my mom and I went to get a tree during the "poured" stage of the day. My family usually buys a tree from a place along the road...half because my mom has allergy problems whenever we try and cut one, and half because some in my family want to do this as fast as possible. This, I think will happen tomorrow.

Thankfully I get a tree every year for my grandma and aunt at their condo. This is my job...I get it. I put it up. My mom comes along usually and did today. I of course am not going to settle for some pre-cut expensive womanly, 'let me do it for you' tree when I can go out and use a saw after hunting for and finding 'The' tree. It was raining fairly well this afternoon but we trecked all the way to the back of the tree place before finding one. The place was pretty much a marshland with all the rain we've gotten (record rainfall for November). Then came the task of dragging it through the twigs, puddles, and mud back to the car. But it was all worth it because me and my saw, boots, and soaked jeans WON...not mother nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home