Thursday, February 12, 2004

20/20

I currently do not watch much (any) tv, but back when I did I always liked those 20/20 or Dateline type shows... or at least some of them....when they would do investigations or interesting stories. I bring this up because in Child Dev. today we watched a couple of old 20/20 reports from 1989 and 1991.

The first was about this lady's approach to preschool... she was advocating letting kids just run around and explore. She runs this school where kids did a lot of playing and experiencing....... she would only interfere if they were going to hurt themselves, hurt someone else, or destroy property..... but stuff like painting the playground and/or walls were all a part of learning. Good thoughts...at the beginning I thought she was wacko, but she won me over to her ideas by the end. The second was about bad daycare places. Oooh... stuff they were showing was making me (and everyone else) mad.......and reinforced my hope to never put my kids in daycare.

anywhoo.....class just reminded me of my appreciation for those types of shows/investigations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home