Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Following

(I'm going to depart from my typical anecdotal blog and go the devo thought route... but I can do that...cause it's MY blog!)

It's good to look back at life's journey and see that there are two sets of footprints in the sand. I'm not in the journey alone...God's always (been) there and it's amazing to see the ways he's guided my path. Looking back though it seems like God's "footprints" have been faithfully consistent, while mine have been sporadic....sometimes I run ahead, sometimes I dart off in one direction and then return, and other times I follow.

Too often I think I get too excited and just take off running and once in a while turn back and say, "Come on God, hurry up!...we've got places to go!" I think running ahead will help me be more productive, but when I look back these end up being the times when I get stressed and tired....I run on empty. Giving in to God's pacing and letting Him lead have been the times when I've really enjoyed the journey of life. ...I need to learn to consistently follow and let God say, "Come on Jeff, let's go!....I've got places to take you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home