Thursday, March 11, 2004

Timmer

So whatever happened to my first name?

Someone recently wrote a note to our RA staff. In writing our names out at the top of the note she wrote six first names and one last name - mine. Its interesting how what people call me has changed. In high school, NO ONE called me Timmer...it was always Jeff. Now though I hear "where's Timmer" and "Timmer's back" and "Timmer's on duty." Fewer people are calling me Jeff, especially in the dorm. Some people actually get it confused and think my name is Tim...I've even learned to respond to Tim. One prof replied to an email by saying, "yes Tim, I think I can answer your questions."

This really doesn't bother me at all. I actually think being called Timmer says something more than being called Jeff, especially coming from guys....I don't know how to describe it....hopefully you know what I mean. So anyway, call me either one...just not Tim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home