Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Chorale Idol

Gale Richmond, the admissions person who goes with the Chorale had this brilliant idea to do Chorale Idol (as in American Idol) on our bus. He, prof, and Pam (the bus driver) gave commentary. We had about 24 people participate. Each group of six was given a genre or style to sing in and two minutes to come up with a song. Each person would go up to the front of the coach and sing into the intercom mic. After each group went, the 'phone lines' opened and people had about 10 minutes to call Gale or Prof on their cell phones to vote (even though they were sitting about 10 feet away). This was absolutely hilarious! It got everyone in the bus involved and we were all having a blast. Genres included: Sandi Patti, Disco, TV themes, Elvis, Motown, and Broadway.

I ended up winning my group of six singing Heartbreak Hotel. I joined the other three finalists and two wild cards in a semi final round. I and two others (Jon Bozarth and Chad Sloan) moved to the finals. We finished the competition up on our last leg home Sunday night. I ended up taking second to Jon.

Sunday night Dr. Guy was forced to do a special guest song. He ended up performing one of our chorale songs country western style. It was unreal funny. We laughed so hard.

Its neat how one random, crazy, unique idea can lead to so much fellowship/bonding time and just plain old fun. I needed that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home