Monday, June 14, 2004

The Finals

Well, I'm offically jumping on the Pistons bandwagon. I'm not exactly a fan of the NBA. I'll check the standings once in a while during the year to see how they're doing, and then tune in during the playoffs. I'll usually watch a bit of the finals every year, regardless of who's playing, just because I'm a sports fan. But this year I've been watching all of the games in the final series.

I like the Pistons because 1)they're from Michigan (duh) 2) the way the play defense limits the showy, all-for-me style that's typical in the NBA...it seems more like a college game and 3)they don't have a well known star on their team. Plus, they're beating the 'favored' soap-opera Laker team.

(Side/related tidbit from the CBSsportsline: "Detroit's male fans had one more way to show their support at The Palace on Sunday: Every urinal in the building featured a screen that revealed the message "Beat L.A." when moistened." Now that rocks.)

And to ABC, what's up with calling it "The Finals"? It's not like it has that much class like "The Masters" (golf). "The Finals" asks to be said with this snooty look on your face and a cigar in your mouth..."mmye-ss...the finals darling...huh-huh"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home