Friday, September 09, 2005

Facebook

I had never heard of facebook til this summer. Mostly I guess because IWU doesn't have it. But PBA does. It's an online 'who knows who' thing to keep people busy. As a student (or staff) at a member school, you log in and create an account and then update your profile/bio. Then you add friends...and you join groups. Basically it's a social web...primarily for the purpose of showing all your friends (when they look at your bio) just how many friends you have. ...it really doesn't accomplish much.

Members also create random groups...such as the "Jeff Timmer dating service" group that my ARD supposedly created...which, after a week has two members...both of them guys.

In related online matters, I'm pretty sure neither my screenname nor my blog site have become known to anyone connected to PBA...and I think I like it that way.

In related dating news, one of my freshmen is determined to hook me up with one of his former high school teachers who lives in the area...we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home