Sunday, December 04, 2005

Mraz Me

So last night Isis (friend, co-worker (director of student activities)) and I made th half hour drive South to Boca Raton for a Jason Mraz concert. To beat that, the tickets were free (gotta love having a resident who has a sister who works at the local radio station). Isis hadn't really heard of Jason before and I have developed into a bit of a fan after last year and the whole 1 West Soundtrack thing. Me not exactly being a CD collection person...his Mr. A-Z CD which I'm confident of getting for Christmas will probably be the only artist that I will own TWO CDs of.

The venue was an outdoor amphitheater...in December, which is something I had to let sink in for a second while there. The concert was great...even the pre-stuff (Tristan Prettymen...is that her name??). By the end Isis had become a fan of Mr. Mraz, appreciating his ...flexibility...I think that's the best word to describe it...just his all around dang-phenominal voice.

This was my first concert-concert in a LONG time...I can barely remember going to another. I was especially amused/entertained/intrigued by the septagenarian women there as well as the man behind us who enjoyed singing along...kind of...two octaves (or 3) below Jason. I sang along when Jason went to falsetto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home