Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Courtyard whistling

I have quite a good whistle. It's pretty loud and pretty (high, forward) resonant. It's quite fun to use....and I use it often. Like yesterday when I heard Christmas music (finally) coming from the speakers in the brick things in the student center. Hearing 'Santa baby...' made me start whistling.

One of my favorite games is midnight courtyard whistling. I'll be sitting at my desk with the window open and hear someone whistling outside. I'll then go to the window and copy whatever I hear. This usually leads to question/answer type stuff with different songs with the person whistling...everything from Jingle Bells to Jesus Loves Me. I'll whistle a line and they'll whistle a line. If I get someone else who can whistle pretty well it's quite fun. I can imagine someone walking through wondering what on earth is going on with the surround sound effect.
...yes, I know...cheap thrills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home