Walking
This morning I got up at 745 to go do the 13.1 mile Hodson Half (marathon). I did this last year also. I ended up walking 11 miles and running the last 2. My legs hurt, but was quite refreshing.
This morning was enjoyable for three reasons. The first was the walking part of it. It was good to be out and do some physical activity. Spending 3.5 hours walking makes you appreciate just being able to work and use your body...something simple that is easy to take for granted. Second, the morning was good because it got me off campus. We did an out and back down a country road and it was nice to take it in. Walking lets you notice the little things along the way such as the animals, smells, bridges, etc. It even gives you time to realize and get mad at the amount of trash alongside the road. Finally, the morning was good because of the fellowship. I spent most of the walk/run talking with Chris. It's just a good time to connect with friends.
I'm glad Paul got this started for the dorm last year. It's a good way to get me to slow down and get away from the busyness of life. Thoreau would be proud.
This morning was enjoyable for three reasons. The first was the walking part of it. It was good to be out and do some physical activity. Spending 3.5 hours walking makes you appreciate just being able to work and use your body...something simple that is easy to take for granted. Second, the morning was good because it got me off campus. We did an out and back down a country road and it was nice to take it in. Walking lets you notice the little things along the way such as the animals, smells, bridges, etc. It even gives you time to realize and get mad at the amount of trash alongside the road. Finally, the morning was good because of the fellowship. I spent most of the walk/run talking with Chris. It's just a good time to connect with friends.
I'm glad Paul got this started for the dorm last year. It's a good way to get me to slow down and get away from the busyness of life. Thoreau would be proud.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home