Monday, August 02, 2004

Kickback

Tonight I began working on my door decs for the hall. I'm not going to disclose the specifics/theme, but I'll tell you that they're about 1 foot by 3 to 4 feet. Today included a trip to Lowe's and me working with a table saw, sabre saw, and belt sander. ...No door dec is a true male hall door dec without the use of power tools. Twas a good night...except for...

The highlight, or I guess it was a lowlight, of the night however came when my Dad had a little mis-hap with the table saw. While I was working on my stuff he was working on putting in a new front door. He came over to cut a couple small things on the table saw...I was standing about 6-7 feet away waiting for him to finish so I could have the power cord again. All of the sudden I see this piece of wood flying at me. My Dad had let a small board get out of his control. It went into the spinning blade, thus resulting in what is called kickback. The blade shot the board directly at me, it was probably going over 70+ mph according to my Dad. It nailed me in my stomach. I let out quite a yell and turned away down the driveway in pain. Not being able to see me because I had turned, my Dad first thougth that the board had gone into my stomach and was still there. Thanks to my guardian angel however, the spinning board landed pretty flat on my stomach. I now have a nice welt square across my stomach that's about 4 inches by 10 inches, which I will gladly take over a quarter inch by 4 inch hole in the stomach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home