Home / Snow
Three short thoughts:
-I am in high heaven. I drove through heavy rain all the way home...until Benton Harbor at least, when it turned to slush and then snow when I got about a half hour from home. I pulled into my driveway to find the roof of my house white. ...And now, 10 hours later...about 8-10 inches of snow has fallen and it has finally stopped. I just finished shoveling the driveway for the second time today. Yes, at 11:30 at night (there's not much else to do and I have plenty of energy). Oh how happy I am.
-After about 45 minutes of being at home I quickly found myself standing in the kitchen looking around...and realizing that there was nothing for me to do. I had forgotton what that felt like. Sure I had homework I could do but that could wait...everything in the house was so....still. (Christmas is going to be interesting).
-I haven't been home since mid-August and a few things have changed. The kitchen is in the middle of a major overhaul...the ceiling was raised a foot and all the cupboards are gone. That means there's no place to put "kitchen things" away to. Which means unloading the dishwasher means taking something out and finding the appropriate box/couch/table/lampstand/piano that it goes on in the living room.
-I am in high heaven. I drove through heavy rain all the way home...until Benton Harbor at least, when it turned to slush and then snow when I got about a half hour from home. I pulled into my driveway to find the roof of my house white. ...And now, 10 hours later...about 8-10 inches of snow has fallen and it has finally stopped. I just finished shoveling the driveway for the second time today. Yes, at 11:30 at night (there's not much else to do and I have plenty of energy). Oh how happy I am.
-After about 45 minutes of being at home I quickly found myself standing in the kitchen looking around...and realizing that there was nothing for me to do. I had forgotton what that felt like. Sure I had homework I could do but that could wait...everything in the house was so....still. (Christmas is going to be interesting).
-I haven't been home since mid-August and a few things have changed. The kitchen is in the middle of a major overhaul...the ceiling was raised a foot and all the cupboards are gone. That means there's no place to put "kitchen things" away to. Which means unloading the dishwasher means taking something out and finding the appropriate box/couch/table/lampstand/piano that it goes on in the living room.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home