Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Last night

There is no way that I could give you an accurate picture of the conversation/debate/argument that took place in the hallway last night. It lasted about 2.5 hours...longer for some, and was completely exhausting. My mind and body were no longer able to function by the time it was over. I won't go into the topic(s) that were covered, but we covered every aspect of it/them. No one won, but everyone left with some new knowledge.

Looking back I think that a lot of it was an opportunity to turn attention away from exams and release energy into a conversation/argument. At one point I really wanted to go back to my room and continue studying, but then had the thought that the conversation was more important. The bonding time and personal and social growth that comes from late night dorm conversations (and even argument/debates) are important. Yes, you can't dwell on something for too long so that you just talk in circles....which partly happened last night. But nonetheless, it was refreshing to get in depth with something and put the pressures of school aside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home