Thursday, June 17, 2004

The Learning Channel?

The world would be a better place without those stupid design shows on TLC. They drive me nuts...all of them. My mom and sister, unfortunately, are fans.

The stuff they do on there is absolutely ridiculous. I've empty paint cans screwed into the ceiling, plastic flowers stapled to a wall...too much that makes you wonder what they're smoking. Full of themself 'designers' come up with what to do, then their 'carpenters' get busy making stuff (somehow these 'carpenters' always seem to look and dress like Fabio...I mean really). ...and all of what they do is CHEAP CHEAP CRAP! As a painter it kills me, such bad quality...you can't paint a wall from white to burgundy in one coat - it's just is not possible. Then they do stuff like stapling a piece of fabric to a piece of wood and calling it a pillow. And can someone please tell me why all these shows are on TLC? You're not learning anything! You're just being entertained (though I wouldn't call it entertainment).

For some women it seems like these shows are like their sports. We had family over on Memorial Day and my Mom and two of my cousins were discussing the 'designers' like they were on their Fantasy league?! I swear, if they come out with a Sportscenter equivalent "design show review" show to recap what went on during the week, I'm cutting the cable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home