Extention Cords
ACK! Here we go again. Thanksgiving is over and up go the Christmas Lights...all over town. ...a good number of which annoy me. For the readers who have been with me over a year you will fondly remember me voicing my annoyance with some Christmas Light methods. If you forget, you can read them here: Jeff's Christmas Light Rules 03
This is a repeat comment, but I need to do it again, just to vent: Let's imagine that this year I decided to go out and cut down a nice Dogwood tree or perhaps a Crabapple, take it inside, and decorate. Imagine what your reaction would be if you were to walk into my house...something along the lines of "that's stupid/absurd/weird". Correct? Well, that's precisely my reaction whenever I see a Dogwood or the like in a front yard...OUTSIDE...decorated. Inside or outside, what's the difference?! EVERGREENS ONLY PLEASE!!!
And now to this year's new rule, which I've notice quite a bit in the past few days: USE EXTENSION CORDS. It looks ridiculous if you have a tree filled with lights, and then have a six foot trail of lights leaving the base of the tree and heading to the nearest outlet. Or a nice diagonal of lights swinging in the breeze as it leaves the corner of the roof line and heads down to and through the front door. Extension cords, extention cords, extension cords....they come in all shapes, colors, and sizes and start at a measly 88 cents...USE THEM!
This is a repeat comment, but I need to do it again, just to vent: Let's imagine that this year I decided to go out and cut down a nice Dogwood tree or perhaps a Crabapple, take it inside, and decorate. Imagine what your reaction would be if you were to walk into my house...something along the lines of "that's stupid/absurd/weird". Correct? Well, that's precisely my reaction whenever I see a Dogwood or the like in a front yard...OUTSIDE...decorated. Inside or outside, what's the difference?! EVERGREENS ONLY PLEASE!!!
And now to this year's new rule, which I've notice quite a bit in the past few days: USE EXTENSION CORDS. It looks ridiculous if you have a tree filled with lights, and then have a six foot trail of lights leaving the base of the tree and heading to the nearest outlet. Or a nice diagonal of lights swinging in the breeze as it leaves the corner of the roof line and heads down to and through the front door. Extension cords, extention cords, extension cords....they come in all shapes, colors, and sizes and start at a measly 88 cents...USE THEM!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home