A Fowl Meal
In the past my (extended) family has had a "three meat" thanksgiving dinner (turkey, beef, and chicken). Every year we'd comment on how we had too much (but they made good leftovers). Last year we actually did something about it and downsized to turkey and chicken. This year we were a slightly smaller group and switched it up again to two turkeys...and a duck.
I had never had duck before, but decided to be brave and try it. The two pieces I tried (first...so I could forget/wash down with the rest of the meal...in case) tasted fine, but halfway through the second piece I made the mistake of picturing a live duck on the table...like the ones that live in the pond at the friendly neighborhood retirement village. ...MISTAKE I was instantly grossed out and quickly chewed down the last of it, intentionally ignoring whatever it tasted like and quickly washing it down with grandma's cranberry/apple/orange sauce.
So note to self, when eating new things, don't picture their live being on the table watching you eat...them.
I had never had duck before, but decided to be brave and try it. The two pieces I tried (first...so I could forget/wash down with the rest of the meal...in case) tasted fine, but halfway through the second piece I made the mistake of picturing a live duck on the table...like the ones that live in the pond at the friendly neighborhood retirement village. ...MISTAKE I was instantly grossed out and quickly chewed down the last of it, intentionally ignoring whatever it tasted like and quickly washing it down with grandma's cranberry/apple/orange sauce.
So note to self, when eating new things, don't picture their live being on the table watching you eat...them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home