Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hot Air

I have been forever curious as to why I never see any hot air balloons around here. Spring and Summer nights growing up I remember spotting a couple in the sky on most nights, usually as we drove with the grandparents to go get some ice cream. In the Florida sky - zero.

But then I realized that a hot air balloon needs a place to land...and take off for that matter. And here, one of those places would have to be the roof of some large complex like a Home Depot...and the other would be the ocean.

I hate how long it took me to realize that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

OR maybe seeing hot air balloons in the sky isn't that common in most parts of the country.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

yay, Jeff's back!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

There's no hot air balloons around here, for some reason -- and not the one you have in FL. However, we do have a blimp hanging out this week in honor of NASCAR :)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home