Sunday, June 27, 2004

Atkins Shmatkins

I am completely sick of hearing about his Atkins crap. Ok, so it works for some people (like my cousin who lost 70 pounds). TGIF even has an Atkins friendly page on it’s menu. They’re even coming out with low-carb potatoes for goodness sake. I heard a radio commercial the other day saying something about a low carb, low calorie meal. …why don’t we just take everything out of our food. No more carbs, no more calories, no more fat, no more protein, no more sodium, no more potassium…heck, let’s all just live off of water.

I could never in my life survive on a no carb diet. Bread, potatoes, pasta are some of the greatest things to eat, not to mention chips, crackers, and pretzels. At school I have to be intentional about getting some protein in my meal at dinner because it’s too easy for me to eat a bunch of grains. Alas Atkins people, just do your thing, but stop getting so gung-ho advertisy about it…and don’t you dare mess with my potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home