Friday, December 17, 2004

A Clean Vacation

It seems quite twisted to me how we thoroughly clean our places of residence...right before we leave them. Every room in the dorm is probably at its cleanest for the year, save for when everyone leaves and when everyone came in. ...and no one's here to enjoy it.

For me it has always been like this. While growing up, if our family ever took a vacation we'd have to clean the house from top to bottom. It didn't matter if it was a weekend or two weeks...there was no way we were leaving the house if everything wasn't clean.

WHY?! Why do we do this? It's not like we're having company while we're gone and need to make it look nice for them. I'm sure the potential burglars aren't too particular either. ...I guess it's nice coming back to a clean home, but if 'lived in' is what we're used to, it's not like we're going to be disappointed when we get back and find the house just like we left it. ...looking at it though, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to keep doing the same twisted cycle once I have my own home. Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home