Gone
Well, likely not to your surprise, the comments are gone. There were multiple factors in addition of course to the simple fact that they never stood a chance from the beginning. Well, maybe that's too extreme as there were 1 or 2 moments when I thought, "hm, this could maybe pass as useful" ...nah.
Some of the more obvious negatives that I thought during that week while reading the comments were the dialogue between two commenters that was not related at all to the post. Get a room.
Then there was me getting sick of scrolling down to see if anyone added anything in the previous hours to the active posts. Yes, it was a novel thing for me, but I didn't like my anticipation and misdirected hunger for another comment.
Shane telling me he loves me was nice. I love you too Shane and the thought was appreciated, but in the spirit of the integrity of 'the blog', that's a perfect example of words that best fit on a facebook wall.
Then there was the word. The word that was the final blow. I'm sorry Jenni...I hope this doesn't make you cry (I have a history of that), but you had to use the word...cute. Coming back at 3:30 AM and checking the blog to find you saying that Santa hats were cute....mmmmm....no. And the fact that someone could have meandered to my blog and closed the browser window with the lingering taste of 'santa hats are cute' in their mouth...was just too much to bear.
Some of the more obvious negatives that I thought during that week while reading the comments were the dialogue between two commenters that was not related at all to the post. Get a room.
Then there was me getting sick of scrolling down to see if anyone added anything in the previous hours to the active posts. Yes, it was a novel thing for me, but I didn't like my anticipation and misdirected hunger for another comment.
Shane telling me he loves me was nice. I love you too Shane and the thought was appreciated, but in the spirit of the integrity of 'the blog', that's a perfect example of words that best fit on a facebook wall.
Then there was the word. The word that was the final blow. I'm sorry Jenni...I hope this doesn't make you cry (I have a history of that), but you had to use the word...cute. Coming back at 3:30 AM and checking the blog to find you saying that Santa hats were cute....mmmmm....no. And the fact that someone could have meandered to my blog and closed the browser window with the lingering taste of 'santa hats are cute' in their mouth...was just too much to bear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home