Monday, January 09, 2006

Rock-Paper-Scissors

One of my RAs (Drew) is really in to Rock-Paper-Scissors. Its often seems as though life hinges on a best out of three...determining (or so he wishes) such things as which desk worker to hire, whether or not we actually have to have a meeting... I really haven't been involved in it so much, though I've been around when the idea jokingly comes up. Today though I had my lunch 1 on 1 with him and as I met him he asked if we could go out to lunch and wanted to Rock-Paper-Scissors me on it. The loser had to pay. The winner had to drive.

In my head I have this cocky "good luck Rock-Paper-Scissors with me, the psychology minor" attitude. To me it's not just a game of luck...it's psychology. It's analyzing and anticipating what the other person would shoot, given their personality...and then reacting to each shoot and anticipating what they'd do next.

I won of course. 2-0. And enjoyed my Santa Fe chicken wrap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home