Sunday, December 25, 2005

Light Addendum

Some were waiting for this one...but I'm probably going to dissappoint. After my first holiday season in Florida I don't really have any profound Christmas light rules and offenses to add to the original post. This is basically because I didn't really see many Christmas lights at all...Floridians don't seem to decorate much. This, mostly because I live in an urban setting and didn't get out much. Therefore there wasn't much to get mad at.

This was a different story when I got back to Michigan though...(ISICLE lights thrown into the frontyard cherry?!)

With Florida though, I'm actually conceeding 1 of my rules (for them only, this doesn't apply to the North. Floridians may circle the trunks of palm trees with lights provided that 1- the palm trees make up a total of no less that 3 and are in a straight line, 2- the lights are white, and 3- the lights are wound to above 10 feet above ground. (Rich end) cities do this often downtown and it actually looks quite nice.

Floridians also may put Christmas lights in the branches (frauns) of a palm tree. This, however does not violate one of my rules, due to the fact that the palm tree is actually an evergreen (n. A tree, shrub, or plant having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year). However, this does not exempt the palm tree from the other rules and therefore Floridians are still required to FILL the tree with lights and the onlooker must not be able to 'follow the line'. I have yet to see such a palm tree in person. The only one that I know of to have met these requirements would be the one seen on the Corona beer commercial (with the hut and the whistled "O Christmas Tree" tune.) Good luck to anyone else who seeks to attempts it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home