Cosmo
On the plan last weekend there was a girl/woman across the aisle in front of me reading Cosmo. Ugh. When I glanced at the article she was reading I thought it was just the sex-ish section of a generic woman magazine, but when every subsequent page was about sex I became annoyed. Actually it was more saddened. This single person was trying to find love, something she's probably not even aware that she's looking for, in a magazine. A magazine that is filled with 'answers' to such profound questions as "my boyfriend's balls hang lower than everyone else's...is this normal?"
My disgust and saddness was especially drawn out because sitting right across from her was an old couple who you could tell knew what love was. It was just one of those things that you can tell right away. I saw it in the way they played cards. They played a simple game quietly and kept their hands out in front of them so the other could easily look, but neither of them did...as if it weren't even an option. There is hope.
My disgust and saddness was especially drawn out because sitting right across from her was an old couple who you could tell knew what love was. It was just one of those things that you can tell right away. I saw it in the way they played cards. They played a simple game quietly and kept their hands out in front of them so the other could easily look, but neither of them did...as if it weren't even an option. There is hope.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home