Monday, December 26, 2005

Party Politics

Tonight at Christmas Party #5 of 5 I got hooked in to violating one of the core rules of Christmas parties - don't talk about politics. Hooked in because I was at the table where it started and wasn't initially involved. I was close to walking away from the two of them, grabbing some dessert, and moving to a new area of the room, but I realized that the guy on 'my side' of the argument probably could use some support, just in presence. The guy who initially took off with things really didn't have any real logical structure to his rantings and of course had the 'I'm right' attitude. ...I ended up pretending I was listening and eventually tried to re-focus his negative energy.

I've never encounterd the rule, but it's a good one. A very good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home