Saturday, December 13, 2003

Call up Guiness

Today, I and 78,128 others set a world record for number of people attending a basketball game. We were in Detroit at Ford Field to watch Michigan State play Kentucky. I'm not actually convinced of the number. I'll believe that they broke the record, since the previous one was a few thousand less than that, but I think the announced number's a little high. ...just given the football capacity of 65,000...there were a lot of people on the field at court level, but there were also a reasonable number of unoccupied seats up in the upper deck. How exactly is it that they come up with the attendance figures? How can they really certify that there were EXACTLY 78,129 people there? Who are they counting, who are they not? How many people does it take to coordinate simply figuring out a number? It just would be interesting to know what all goes into that. But anyway, I was a part of history today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home