Saturday, December 20, 2003

Jeff using video games and fun in the same sentence...?!

We actually had family movie night tonight....that hasn't happened in.... well years! My parents simply do not rent movies. I asked them what the last one they rented was and my mom's first response was Air Force One! ...that was released in 1996! I reminded them though that they did watch Minority Report with me last year. Tonight it was The Italian Job....my choice. I think they actually liked it.

The humor happened after the movie though. My sister's boyfriend decided to take his XBOX from his apartment at GVSU. Yeah, the one thing that I (thought I) wanted to completely avoid at all costs over break. (XBOX is like XMAS ....without Christ! .....or something like that). I actually didn't mind because it was first of all snowboarding, something not overplayed at school, and most importantly because my Mom decided that she wanted to play. Yes, my mom. The person who has never in her life (with the exception of the Original Donkey Kong, which we all mastered WAAAY back in the day on our apple) played video games. Tonight was actually the first time any gaming system has been in our house...ever!

Boy did we laugh....her trying to grasp the concept of a controller and process that into a snowboarder going down a hill and over jumps. She liked to head for the big jumps and then right into the trees before she got there. My dad later joined in (just as video game incompetent as her) and mastered stopping right in front of the jumps and then hopping up and down in one place. I actually picked up the controller too. .....and yes, as much as I hate to admit it, for that half hour, I was having fun with a video game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home