IM non-vacation
I'm a bit humored at the way IM coversations have changed things. Two years ago I went home for Christmas break and talked to one or two people once online over the whole 3-4 weeks. Now it's a bit different. Ok WAY different. Since I'm doing some homework (thesis and working ahead on music history assignments), I'm spending extra time at the computer, and am quite often (thankfully) distracted by IM conversations. I haven't even been home for a week and I've talked with probably a dozen different people... some multiple times.
We all leave campus but hang on to a part of it through good ole AIM. I may force myself to not sign on for a couple days, but I honestly enjoy it....it gives me something to do first of all, while keeping the relationships going to some extent since chatting is about all we've got for these weeks. All good stuff...but I seriously think I'm getting carpul tunnel/tendonitis in my left wrist.
We all leave campus but hang on to a part of it through good ole AIM. I may force myself to not sign on for a couple days, but I honestly enjoy it....it gives me something to do first of all, while keeping the relationships going to some extent since chatting is about all we've got for these weeks. All good stuff...but I seriously think I'm getting carpul tunnel/tendonitis in my left wrist.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home