Friday, December 17, 2004

Stories

I was working the desk late Wednesday while everything was pretty quiet in the dorm. A guy came in from 3North who I have talked to probably only once or twice before. He sat down and just started talking. I threw in the occasional reaction/comment/question in a way that kept the conversation moving, but he did most of the talking. ...and as he talked I couldn't help but be humbled by the incredible and unique stories that guys/people have. Most of them I'll never know. Despite knowing names and room numbers of almost everyone in the building, there's no way of ever truly knowing them all. That can only happen with a few.

It's both humbling and amazing to know that there's not a single day that goes by without something incredible happening in this building. Every day people are radically seeking and meeting God, discovering new truths, going through deep struggles or great triumphs, coming alive in some new way, ...in ways that are too big to understand. It's pretty powerful to take a step back - from the limited part of the world that I come in contact with each day - and realize that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home