Sunday, December 19, 2004

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

...and I took both of them.

My future is spliting. As I've told some of you, there are two options/paths that are before me. Up until recently I had been "Music Education" and that was that. I would finish up classes in April and then student teach next fall. Recently however, the option was 'put on the table' to graduate in April with an Applied Music/Voice degree (plus the psych minor).

Why you ask? The option started in talking with Levi and repeatedly bringin up how I wasn't really looking forward to student teaching. I am drawn/called to the college world...probably first as an RD and then as a prof/administration. That's the thought process / dream now at least.

But I'm in my senior year...what a great time to change your major. Actually, there's only one course 'hoop' that I'm working that may be an issue to deal with. Otherwise it's pretty much do I want to do it or not? I've only been considering this farily for about two weeks and am kind of waiting for / praying for a sense of direction. In the meantime...with me being the planner that I am...I'm straddling both options in a sense.

With option one (finishing out music ed)...I'd take classes in the spring, hike in may, work at a camp or something (which I need to work on now), student teach, and then see what happens. Option two - take classes, look for an RD job (while keeping grad school doors open for later), hopefully get an RD job, graduate in April, hike in May, paint at home for a couple weeks, go to ACSD conference in Portland??, move in July and start life as an RD.

So now I'm creating a second resume as one I could/would send to colleges...and trying to formulate plans for two summer job options...and trying to make sure my spring class schedule will cover both options. Basically I'm starting to do the splits...gotta love how God keeps life interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home