Monday, January 09, 2006

Surfboard

Since my one surfing outing I've continued to have the itch to go out. I hate borrowing stuff though and never wanted to just take someone else's board. Thursday I finally bought my own. Won one rather...on ebay. It was a pick-up only post and the guy was in Ft. Lauderdale, which helped keep the price down I think. Saturday morning we met halfway to pick it up and then Sean (RA) and I headed back up here to go out.

The waves were pretty average and spread out and it was extremely busy...about 50 people in the area of a football field all fighting for position on the waves that came every couple minutes. People can get pretty vocal. The old guys (50+) were much worse and bossy than the middle/high schoolers, which surprised me. I, the rookie stayed on the edge and was just happy to be out there...on my new board.

It was cold as well...it got down to 39 before sunrise, but had warmed to 50 by the time we went out there. I had taken a wet-suit down with me from home and as Sean and I were getting out of the car and ready to go out Sean asked me if I had a towel. Looking over at him and seeing what he was doing I realized that he meant to cover myself to put the wet-suit on. All this time I had just thought that people wore board shorts or a jammer/underarmor under the wet-suit. I was happily wrong...you get to go naked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home